Here's what you need to know this week. Click each thing for more details. Want to receive Church Life reminders by email and text message? Text CHURCHLIFE to 850-204-4545 or click here.
The Week of Sunday, Feb 16th
- Discover Shalimar - If you've been looking for your place to get connected here at the church, then Discover Shalimar is the place for you. We have a 12:30pm class today in room 106 with lunch. No RSVP needed. Learn more at io/discover.
- Gumbo Cook-off - Bring your best pot of gumbo to Wednesday night dinner, Feb 19th. Chef will be making some as well, along with rice and other gumbo goodies. Dinner starts at 5pm. RSVP to bring gumbo on the Connect Card. Wednesday activities will continue on as usual. Learn more at io/gumbo.
- 144 - Following Christ's example, we're gathering 12 groups of 12 for 12 weeks
to learn, love, and lead in God's Kingdom. Pastor Philip invites anyone interested in being a part of a group to come to the first meeting, Feb 24th at 6pm in the Family Life Center. Learn more at io/38jZ1mo.
- Ash Wednesday - Mark your calendars. Feb 26th is Ash Wednesday. We'll have three opportunities for worship: 6am, 12pm, and 6pm. This is a multi-generational service designed to help you start your journey towards Easter.
- Confirmation - Do you have a student from 6th-12th grade? Join David Garvin for a parent meeting following the Ash Wednesday service on Feb 26th at 8pm to learn about the details of confirmation, how it can help your student take ownership of his or her faith, and ask questions.
- Total Forgiveness - Do you want to learn what forgiveness is/isn’t, why forgiveness is important, how to work toward total forgiveness, and how to know when you have totally forgiven? Pastor Brian will be teaching a class on forgiveness starting Mar 1st at 3pm. Learn more at io/forgiveness.