Keys to the Kingdom: Unlocking the Future of Our Church | Personal Revival
How is God working in your life right now? If you take a moment to read through Acts 1-4, you'll notice that the early church spread the Good News of Jesus Christ through not just preaching but also through prayer and through spending time together.
That time together gave them a chance to show new Christians what it meant to follow Christ. They also were able to answer questions and encourage one another.
In chapter 2, Peter preaches and people respond by giving their lives over to God: this action fulfilled Christs prediction when he said that Peter would be the rock which Christ's church would be built.
Read Matthew 16:17-19.
• What do you think Jesus meant by "keys to the Kingdom of Heaven"?
• How do we share with others that Heaven is open to all if we receive God's truth?
• When was the last time you shared with someone the things God was doing in your life?
Read Acts 2:36-41.
• How would you have felt if you heard Peter's words that day?
• When was the last time something pierced your heart and brought you to the feet of Jesus?
• What can you pray for today that will cause the Holy Spirit to move in your life?
Read Acts 2:42-47.
• What do you picture when you read this description of the first Christian community?
• How can we create a community like this?
• How can we invite people who have never been a part of the Church to join us in our Christian family?
Pray and ask God to show you someone this week that you need to start reaching out to over the course of the next 5 weeks, getting to know, praying, and being the church for.