We continue on this week looking at what we can learn from the Moses and Israel’s experiences with the Dead Sea. This week, we are focusing on how we can step out in faith. "We must resist acting impulsively out of fear and refusing to move even if God show us the way.”*
Rule #6: When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
Read Exodus 14:15.
- How can the phrase “paralysis of analysis” influence our Red Sea journey?*
- In your journey thus far, have you sensed God wants youth talk some actions step? If so, have you responded to that nudging?*
- What did God tell Israel to do?*
- Why do you think God only shows us pieces of his plan for our lives, instead of reveling everything to us at once?
- Are you obeying God in your daily relationship with him?
Rule #7: Envision God’s enveloping presence.
Read Exodus 14:19-20.
- How have you witnessed Christians and non-Christians handle life’s challenges? Is it the same or different?
- Do you believe God is with you right now during your journey? Explain.*
- Describe a time when you sensed God’s presence with you.*
- How does god’s presence affect your personal Red Sea journey?*
- Is there something you can do this week to be more aware of God’s presence in your life?
*These questions come from Robert J. Morgan’s Leader’s Guide for Red Sea Rules