Here's what you need to know this week. Click each thing for more details. Want to receive Church Life reminders by email and text message? Text CHURCHLIFE to 850-204-4545 or click here.
The Week of Sunday, Nov 18th
- Feeding Lynn Haven - On Sun, Nov. 18th, Chef Heyward and other members of SUMC are traveling to Lynn Haven UMC. They will prepare Thanksgiving dinner and join them in worship. Following the service, our team will serve dinner to our brothers and sisters in Lynn Haven.
- Discover Shalimar - Our next Discover Shalimar classes is Nov 18th at 12:30. Come learn how to make Shalimar UMC your church home. Find a group, a place to serve, and learn the church's mission in the community. Text DISCOVER to
850-204-4545 for more information.
- Annual Charge Conference - Charge Conference is an annual meeting led by our District Superintendent, Rev. Dr. Tim Trent. All are invited to attend, but only our Church Council members may vote. This yearly meeting is a time for us to celebrate all the Lord has done through our church. We also confirm the information we have reported to the United Methodist Church. Nov 18th at 3:30 in the Sanctuary.
- Community Thanksgiving - This year we are proud and privileged to host the Community wide Thanksgiving service, Nov 18th at 6pm, in our sanctuary. Regardless of our denomination, we can all agree that we have much to be thankful for. So we want the whole community to join us in giving thanks to God. The special offering will support Sharing and Caring. This service is sponsored by the Greater Ft. Walton Beach Christian Ministerial Association.
- Baptism Weekend – We are excited to have our first Baptism weekend here at Shalimar UMC on Nov 24th and Nov 25th. We will be preaching on and having baptisms in all 5 worship services. The Family Life Center services will have submersion and pouring as additional methods of baptism available. If you would like to be baptized, please visit io/bapwk to sign up, text BAPTISM to 850-204-4545, or call the church office. You can also just show up.
- Deck the Halls - Join us Nov 25th as we "Deck the Halls" of the Sanctuary and Family Life Center. Spend whatever time you can as we prepare for the holiday season. Children young and old are invited to participate. Every year we help our community with gifts for children. This year, we have two trees with two different community destinations.
The tree in the Narthex has items to help support SANTA'S WORKSHOP.
The tree in the Family Life Center has items to help support the FAITH BACKPACK PROGRAM.
To learn more about each program visit: Santa's Workshop: sumc.io/santashop or Faith Backpack Program: sumc.io/backpack
Check out the full online beacon to see things in a magazine form.